Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ice

Last night we were scheduled by nature to receive an ice storm. The forcasters were saying we could have quarter of an inch of ice plus blowing winds out of the east. I warned my parents who were coming from Michigan. They decided to come and that was great. It was scheduled to hit at 9:00p.m. I watched the radars and the storm was all around DeKalb county but we were dry. It did not finally attack our county home until after 11:00p.m. We went to bed around 11:30 not knowing if we would have power in the morning or not. When I woke at 5:00a.m. I heard the sound of the storm and I could see the wind blowing the tops of the trees but there were still lights, Praise the Lord. Showered, shaved, dressed pack up my laptop, and put on the overcoat and gloves and went outside hearing the sound of rain, so I thought. Went outside and it was warm and the front porch was wet but not icy. Walked the side walk and it was icy but not slippery because the top ice was crunchy and had some give to it. It was a lot warmer than I anticipated and it was not raining, the sound of rain was the ice melting off of the trees. I began to scrap the ice off the van and once I got through the top layer of ice the just fell apart. The warmth of the air saved many branches of trees from falling and power from failing. We had Sunday School as scheduled and worship service was great. I was able to finish a sermon series and then promote next weeks added new 8:00a.m. service. What a great day for the Lord and for our community. I hope that those in the storm's way were as blessed as well and that they can join us in praising our great God.

No comments: